FG IV – Climate Change Policy Analyst
- Code: 2020-SVQ-C6-FGIV-015309 – SEVILLE
FG IV – Economic Modeller – Energy, Climate and Environment Policy Analyst
As the science and knowledge service of the Commission, the mission of DG Joint Research Centre is to support EU policies with independent evidence throughout the whole policy cycle.
The JRC is located in 5 Member States (Belgium, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands and Spain). Further information is available at: https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/
The Unit JRC.C.6 «Economics of Climate Change, Energy and Transport» conducts economic analysis of climate, energy and transport policies, both at the EU and global levels, using different databases and expertise with in-house economic models and econometric tools.
The ECCET unit offers a position as Climate Change Policy Analyst.
The main tasks of this position include:
- Producing quantitative analysis that support ex-ante impact assessments for policy initiatives of DG CLIMA in the context of EU domestic and the international climate agenda;
- Implementing multi-sectoral studies on climate change policies, integrating them into long-term growth accounting exercises, and contributing to the JRC reports on climate mitigation scenarios: https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/geco
- Developing methods and tools to assess the impact and relevance of climate mitigation policies onto job creation, welfare gains (possibly by income categories), public revenues, terms of trade and other aggregated socio-economic impacts and in view of the design of efficient strategies to reach climate neutrality;
- Contributing to JRC publications, such as science for policy reports and policy briefs, along with internal and external communication on these;
- Collaborating with other teams on various policy-relevant scientific topics, in the unit, with other JRC and EC units, or with external contractors (for instance climate change impact assessment, linking specialized models);
- Participating actively to the international climate impacts research fora: contribution to research projects, evaluation of research results, drafting of scientific publications.
Deadline: 28/09/2020 23:59 Brussels time Info: https://recruitment.jrc.ec.europa.eu/showprj.php?type=A&id=1772